If you are looking for a worthy pet dog then you can really put your fingers on Jack Russell Terriors. This is one of the most obedient species you can have on earth. This is a fierce dog category and they were basically used for hunting or they are also apt for chasing the foxes. Once you can know about the species you would really fall in love with the variety. The Terriors have been hunter’s friend for years and this leaves no doubt that the dog is really good at it. So let us collect details on the species.
Physical Traits of RussellThe Dogs are white in color and they have occasional black patches here and there. The best dog food for Jack Russsels and their high energy lifestyle varies but should be focused on high fat content and low carbs.
- The authentic variety of the dog has a black patch along the lower end of the tail.
- The first man who started breeding the dogs happened in the year 1800 and from then onwards this dog is popular as an animal with a mark on the tail.
Other Traits of the DogsThe Jack Russell Terriers are energetic species and this is the reason the dogs should be made to do regular exercise. The creature needs lots of activities and thus you must take the dog for a regular walk and provide the creature with lots of options to work out.
- The dogs must have enough recreation options in order to stay active and occupied
- The dog should be kept engaged with something or the other
- Boredom or lack of activity can encourage the dog to do something destructive and thus it is important for you to think of ways to utilize the energy of the dog in positive ways
Teach the Dog the Right BehaviorThis dog loves to be pampered and it has an inherited wildness which needs to be streamlined in the right manner. The dog has an aggressive nature and can unnecessarily harass people and thus the creature should be taught how best to behave with people.
- The dog must be taught how to obey other
- It must know how to respect the owner and follow his orders accurately
- The dog must be taught how to be civilized and behave rightly with kids and children. It is not that they are intentionally wild but they do not have enough control on their animal i instincts.
The Affiliation towards the FamilyThe Jack Russell Terriers are very close to the family they belong to. They can do anything to protect the life of the family members. There can be no doubt regarding the loyalty factor of the dogs.
- The Russell Terriers hates strangers. Just a sight of an intruder can make the dog go mad and it starts attacking wildly.
- The dogs are extremely intelligent and thus they can be trained quite easily
- The dogs can well follow instructions and they have a good mind to abide by the directions given by their masters
- Jack Russel Terriers should have some type of physical fence system or an invisible dog fence to give them the means to release their energy.
The Origin of the DogsThe Jack Russell Terriers have a golden history and they are named after Parson Jack Russell who discovered the species between the years 1850 to 1870.
- The Dogs are said to belong to the heritage of the AKC-registered Wire-haired Fox Terrier.
- The dogs are extremely bold and they can easily run after the prey with lots of vigor and energy.
- These dogs are mainly known as fox hunting.
- They are extremely white and thus you can easily see then move swiftly among the bushes
The General Attitude of a the DogIf you can closely watch the dogs you can find many of the distinct traits which sets them apart from the other pet varieties.
- The Russell Terriers are dynamic and alert and thus they never miss on an opportunity of hunting
- These are extremely confident animals and they can really strive to hit the target at the right spot.
- The animal is absolutely without fear and thus they can take up challenges unknowingly
- The species of hunting dogs are extreme fun lovers
- They can get along really well still they are not the best pets for all dog lovers.
An Asset for the Horse OwnersFor those who have horses and barns they can well keep Jack Russell Terriors for the proper management of the animals. These dogs have a strong empathy towards the horses. They have that inclination to save the innocent animals from the wild creatures. These dogs are apt for rural areas They prefer to move around the horses and chase small animals like rats, mice, wood ducks and other creatures.
Talking about the Health of the DogIt is a known fact that Jack Russell Terriers are quite healthy and they are tough enough to spend a disease free life. Most of them are known to live between 13 to 16 years. However, they are in need of proper care and rearing.
- However, the dogs have some common health concerns and these generally occur due to recessive genes.
- The other health issues of the dogs include cataracts, congenital deafness, ataxia, Legg–Calvé–Perthes syndrome, ectopia lentis, patellar luxation, von Willebrand disease and myasthenia gravis.
- However, these are treatable diseases and can be aptly taken care by a veterinary.
To Describe the Dog WellThere are several ways you can describe the Jack Russell Terriors. The dogs are sturdily built and they are up on their toes on the time.
- The length of the dog is quite proportional to the dog’s height
- The dog comes with a compact and well balanced stature
- They come with flat skulls, wide ears and small narrowing eyes.
- They have a well boned and strong jaw. This is very important for any fighter or hunting dog to have.
- They have a relatively small chest well placed in the middle of the shoulders